Strengthening and stretching: the immortal S’s that will help you overcome back pain once and for all. Whether you are suffering acute back pain from a traumatic injury, or more generalized pain that has accrued from repetitive stress, the back can benefit from these exercises done on a daily basis. DO NOT undertake any stretch, exercise or movement that exacerbates your pain to even the slightest degree. Your best bet before starting any exercise routine is to confer face-to-face at our office in Sacramento.
- Lay supine with knees bent, hip-width apart.
- Raise hips slowly until a straight line is achieved between knees and chest.
- Hold bridge for 5-10 seconds and slowly return to ground.
- Repeat 5 times
- Do not be discouraged if you cannot achieve the bridge at first. Many people need a few days to work their way up to it.
- Stand against wall with feet in front of body by about 12 inches.
- Keep back straight, flex stomach muscles and lower body into a squat.
- Squat as far as you can, with the intention of your thighs being parallel to the ground.
- Hold 5 seconds then reverse the motion.
- Repeat 10 times
At Espinosa Family Chiropractic, we love seeing people live pain free lives. It is a privilege of our job that we can help in this endeavor. For help creating a routine that incorporates stretching and exercise that strengthen the structurs and muscles of the back, give our office a call today.
Dr. Raymond Espinosa, D.C.