Sacramento, is there such a thing as a pain-free pregnancy?
The answer is no, but there are steps you can take to mitigate the so-called, "standard pains of pregnancy;" the ones that every mother-to-be complains about- pains in the lower back. At Espinosa Family Chiropractic, we specialize in chiropractic care for women at all stages of their pregnancy.
Why is chiropractic care important for pregnant women?
As an adjunct to the pregnancy services offered by your doctor, chiropractic is important for managing the body changes that come with pregnancy. We seek to:
- Support efficient nervous system and immune system functioning
- Prevent the aches and pains of pregnancy
- Create a nurturing environment with plenty of room for the baby to grow
- Minimize the possibility of surgical intervention during childbirth
- Prevent dystocia
The changes in a woman's body during pregnancy in Sacramento
During pregnancy, the reproductive hormone relaxin is released in elevated quantities, loosening ligaments in the pelvis to help make way for the passage of the child. The unfortunate side effect is that this leaves the base of the spine weakened. Then you add on the weight of the growing child and the shifting center of gravity and you have a recipe for lower back pain.
Chiropractic supports pregnancy in Sacramento
A common result of the aforementioned situation is misalignment in the spine, especially in the lower back. Chiropractic adjustment helps to rectify this situation, utilizing a specialized table just for pregnant women. By maintaining spinal alignment and treating myofascial pain, the following objectives are achieved:
- Maintain alignment and proper curvature of the spine
- Decrease physical tension and mental stress
- Decrease tension on the womb, known as intrauterine restraint, which reduces the amount of room available to the baby to grow.
- Increase immune function
If you are interested in finding out more about how our chiropractic care can support your pregnancy, give our office in Sacramento a call to schedule an appointment today.
Are you a person who sits in a chair for most of the working day?
Here's what sitting all day, every day is doing to your back, from a chiropractor's perspective:
- Intervertebral discs: sitting, especially with poor posture, puts more pressure on your spine than any other position. Sitting prevents oxygen and nutrients from replenishing your intervertebral discs and causes them to lose flexibility.
- Muscles in the back: abdominals are less-used when sitting, causing them to weaken depending on how much you sit.
- Hips: your hips tighten up in a sitting position, limiting their range of motion. Your glutes also weaken and hamstrings become tight, creating a pull on the base of the spine.
"But, I have no alternative to sitting!" you say. Read on to find the perfect antidote to the damages of sitting
Tension headaches in Sacramento
Tensions headaches can be merciless. They are the most common type of headache, a category of pain that is among the most common reason for doctor visits in the United States.