Every Pound Counts: Body Weight Training for Beginners
Your body weight can be your greatest tool…
…in your quest to lose weight. For many people, a gym is actually a counterproductive place to attempt fitness goals. Unless you are cut out for the high-intensity culture of a gym, it may leave you spun out and actually less motivated regarding your fitness. Body weight training is a ready made solution for those of us who can’t be bothered to spend a dime on a gym membership or a set of dumbbells.
Perks of body weight training:
- It’s free
- Easy to learn
- Can be performed in your living room
Benefits of body weight training:
- Burns calories to help with weight management…
- …while building muscle simultaneously, which is important-
- particularly in the core muscle group, which are essential for good posture.
- Increases relative strength, which is your strength in relation to body size and…
- also increases reactive strength, or your ability to elongate and contract muscles.
- Finally, it boosts circulation and improves range of motion.
What do you know, these sound like the same benefits as standard weight training and cardiovascular exercise! Body weight training can be performed as stand alone exercises or as part of a circuit i.e. push ups, jumping jacks, squats, lunges, planks performed without a break in between.
At Espinosa Family Chiropractic, body weight training aligns with our principles regarding total health. We want to help you keep off extra pounds, strengthen your core and improve range of motion and body weight training is one of the easiest ways to start doing just that, today!
Dr. Raymond Espinosa, D.C.
Leave a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.