Food for Relaxation
Stress management means something different to everyone: some people bury it away until they burst; others exercise to let it go and feel an endorphin boost; others will just settle down by watching cat videos on YouTube. Whatever your unique stress management plan, the essential thing is that you have one. At Espinosa Family Chiropractic, we want to help you find ways to manage your stress before it boils over and one great technique for doing this is through diet. We are not suggesting a radical diet change, but rather a few simple foods that can help fight back against the stress using natural means!
- Green Tea: for the anti-oxidants and L-Theanine, a chemical which inhibits anger and promotes relaxation.
- Celery: to lower blood pressure, which is an important part of relaxation.
- Honey: for tryptophan and potassium, it is a boost for both the body and brain.
- Dark Chocolate: contains hormones that balance stress in the brain, tastes delicious and makes you happy.
- Gum: more specifically, the act of chewing it, which, studies show, lowers cortisol levels and reduces stress.
At our office in Sacramento, we focus on the root causes of your stress, beginning with a discussion and a musculoskeletal examination that will determine if there are any structural or muscular causes that may be contributing. As we begin to heal your body, the brain will inevitably follow, so we encourage you to not let stress stew insidiously in your life any longer- instead, give our office in Sacramento a call so we can start addressing your stress today!
Dr. Raymond Espinosa, D.C.
Leave a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.