Goal-Setting for Spring Time
New Years Resolutions should be set in spring
It is the time of renewal and a positive change in the weather; the time of color and abundance in produce; if ever there were a season that was geared toward losing weight it would be this one! It’s the time to put the dourness of winter behind and focus on what makes us happy. But how do we start breaking ourselves out of our winter skin to take advantage of the season? By setting goals that are realistic and that take advantage of the season.
Let’s focus on why we want to set goals for spring first:
- Improve health
- Boost immune system
- Get outside and enjoy the season
- Improve mood
Setting goals that are spring-specific
- Getting outside: walking 30 minutes in the winter is not the same as in spring. Warmer temperatures mean more calories burned.
- Eat 1-2 pieces of fruit a day, preferably from the farmer’s market or your own garden!
- What activity do you love? Biking, swimming, running, walking- choose the one you like most and schedule a few 30-minute blocs for it in your weekly schedule.
- Get involved locally: volunteer in the parks, sign up for a community race that supports a good cause and get training.
- Stretch in the backyard or on the front porch: there’s more to look at!
- Spring cleaning: Gets your body moving and helps to clear you mind to fight stress!
The earlier you start the better
With spring right around the corner, there is no better time than now to grab a friend and get outdoors. If you are itching to get outside but your body is ailing from a long winter spent inside, give our office in Sacramento a call. We can help you address long-standing muscular and structural dysfunction so that you can get out and pursue the activities you love. Let’s make spring the foundation for a year full of fitness!
Dr. Raymond Espinosa, D.C.
Leave a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.