Is your Workout Well-Balanced?
What are your motives for working out?
Looks and confidence usually feature highly on this list, as do increased strength and ability and feeling great. All of these things are massively important for generally well-being, but it is also worth looking further down the list- at your body’s longevity, at injury prevention, at preserving range of motion and fending off chronic pain. Taking into account all of these factors helps us to recalculate our workout to a more balanced equation.
Elements of a balanced workout schedule in Sacramento, CA
- Variety: mix it up to beat monotony; cardio one day and weights the next rather than both on one day, for example.
- Your core: you’ve got 29 muscles in there, not just the abs! These muscles matter for stability of the spine and often go neglected when people train their abdomen. Yoga and pilates are great for conditioning this region.
- An activity that makes you happy: if you are dedicated to a run-of-the-mill cardio or weight lifting program, it is worth throwing in one day a week where you pursue an activity that stimulates your happiness.
- A healthy dose of daily stretching: stretching is your ally at all times of the day. As part of your workout plan it is important for improving elasticity of your muscles, joints and boostin circulation. But many annoying, momentary aches can be addressed with a stretch.
- A dedicated warm up routine: this is where you prevent injury from occuring.
- Following a tailor made workout plan: if you don’t know what you are doing, you could very well end up exerting a lot of effort for very little gain. Developing a balanced work out plan is very beneficial in the long run.
We support your health endeavors in Sacramento, CA
At Espinosa Family Chiropractic, we are here to help you find balance in all aspects that affect your well-being. The efficacy of your workout does depend to a certain extent on the alignment of your spine; building muscle evenly begins with a spine in correct alignment. Give our office a call to schedule an appointment today.
Dr. Raymond Espinosa, D.C.
Leave a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.